This is the finished wedding dress I started a few weeks ago. This is a sample dress for a magazine shoot on Friday (fingers crossed!) for a feature on ethical weddings. It’s made from eco sustainable hemp-silk fabric and lined with hemp/cotton muslin. The design is my own, based on 1910s styles developed by the incredible genius Paul Poiret, who I mentioned before. It’s a big investment of time and money making a sample from scratch, and I am so glad to have it successfully completed. I had to change lots of bits as I went along, mainly the draping of the skirt and some draping at the back which all came out at the last minute! That kind of massive change when a deadline is looming just keeps life exciting… The trimming design is similar to many of the 18th century techniques that I love, but is actually based on a 1960s Hong Kong jacket in the V&A. I’m looking forward to some rather more stylish pics of this than these ones with my tools and mess all around! There is yet another beautiful studio here for me to jealously drool over. Even if I had time to make it lovely, it would only be messy again in 5 minutes – my creative brain needs stuff all over the place!